I've played thru, once, and restarted a couple times trying to get all the side quests done before leaving an area. Now, I'm trying to get all the quests in the Swamps done before moving on. Playing CS 1.5.05 with Basix GFXm mod. I wasn't getting the flash drive for the reach the lookout tower mission. I figured it out on another restart, I was doing the mission wrong. I was going to the trailer and hiding out right after the warning for the emission is given. Didn't complete the mission so I wasn't getting the reward.
Have to say that you are one of the most helpful people on this forum. I'm working on enough time in the Zone to attempt the "Order of the Liquidator" challenges.
Ex modder, Zones only ferret and will someday release a game (Resident)
On forum: 02/20/2010
---QUOTATION--- Reward is given for killing all the boars or climbing to the top of the tower, which ever is accomplished first.
You get given the task to reach the tower, and then to kill the boars.
After looking through the marsh task manager and other files, you get the flash drive for:
A) Climbing to the top of the tower
B) Kill the boars, and don't climb the tower
C) Don't climb to the top of the tower, or kill the boars, then talk to Lebedev afterwards. When he asks you to help, say you need to think about it. You will get a new task to reach an agreement to help Lebedev. Do this, and you will be rewarded with the flash drive. ---END QUOTATION---
After getting the Jellyfish I like to sprint to the scene as I shoot the
Boars. While there are bodies on the ground, it is the Clear Sky
member in the tower who I try to loot before I pass out. You
can always return to the Island later and loot all the other
bodies, search for other supplies and kill any Mutants
that may or may not be there. Climbing to the
top of the tower is the easiest thing to do
and the body up there will disappear.
Be sure to do all the Quest Items, find all the Cordon Artifacts
and explore the entire Level BEFORE going to see Sidorovich.
Here's what I posted earlier about that subject:
Well...I finally entered the Cordon.
- Got about 300 rubles damage on my CS-1 from the Military RP-74.
- Did the Quest Item for a Loner at the RV and found the Lucky Detector.
- Recovered the PDA in the tunnel for the Military Driver ( still alive )
- Talked to the Stalkers on the hill about the Military at the Car Park
and the ammo they might have. Decided to go it alone and sneaked
in there near dusk and my AKSU with a silencer ate them for supper.
- Took Wolf's first mission and rescued the Loner Drifter from the Dogs.
- Hit 2 of the 3 Men Military Patrol and ran down and grabbed an Abakan.
- Visited the Loner Base and got repairs and bought all the Stash Info
- Went back to the Marshes the same way I came in by hopping over
the fence, grabbed the Monolith Flash Drive and got my Abakan fully
upgraded at the CS Base and also did the Truck a few times and got
my 7 Bars of good relations ( green ) back with them and then left.
- Wiped out the entire Military Base and got the Quest Item Medkit.
- Did the 3rd & 4th Quest Items for the Magic Vodka & the Trophy AKM.
- Went all the way up to the Checkpoint to Garbage that was held by 5
Military that I wiped out & then returned back to the Cordon Loner Base.
So basically I've killed every Military Soldier in the Cordon except for
the Prisoner at the Loner Base and the Driver in the Drainage Tunnel.
I've done one of Wolf's Jobs and all 4 of the Cordon Quest Items.
Have not taken the Job to kill any Bandits or bothered any of them.