Three Mile Island
On forum: 11/04/2008
Vanilla Clear Sky for hardcore stalkers|
Here's a challenge for those that think the vanilla game is too easy. All of it has been posted before (otherwise it might have been a nice Liquidator test?), but I thought I'd condense it into a single more readable post. A less coherent version can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/6zaq6rh
1. When you're given the first mission outside the Clear Sky base, ignore instructions. Instead, run to the Fishing Hamlet and take cover from the emission there. This takes some practice, but is possible.
2. Once the emission is over the guides will not take you back into the Clear Sky base. Instead you are free to explore the Swamps. To find artifacts, a Veles detector can of course be found in Doc's Cave below the train wreck in the north-east corner, but I'm not sure if the leather jacket can protect you from all anomalies.
3. To leave the Swamps, you must first enter the Twilight Zone. This can be done by by pressing yourself against the east side of the fence leading up the slippery slope to the railroad just east of Doc's Cave. Once in the Twilight Zone, walk clock-wise around the Swamps level (while avoiding the level North and North-East level changers, since they'll just send you back into the Swamps if you get too close) until you can approach the Souther Farmstead from the East. From there, hidden level changers can send you to other levels. Be sure to make frequent named saves during this tedious part, since it's easy to get stuck in invisible corridors without noticing until it's too late.
4. Once outside the Swamps level you are free to explore most of the Zone and get better equipment. The main missions and many side missions won't work, but some do. To travel between normally inaccessible levels, use the Twilight Zone in the North of Yantar to approach the Yantar/Red Forest level changer from the other side of the fence, and walk towards the hidden level changers outside the office building entrance. There used to be a map of these hidden level changers on the web, perhaps it can still be found by searching this forum.
5. When you're done exploring the Zone, return to the Swamps Twilight Zone, walk clock-wise around the whole level until you approach the Clear Sky base from the West. In one place it's possible to climb over the fence and enter the base.
6. Tell Lebedev that you're finally willing to help Clear Sky with the Renegades, and you should get back into the normal storyline.
Clear Sky threads
Monolith in Red Forest: http://tinyurl.com/clb36bx
Skipping the first mission: http://tinyurl.com/6zaq6rh
Friendly with the Renegades: http://tinyurl.com/6y5qhf8
From Freedom to Bandits to Duty: http://tinyurl.com/6723e95
Avoid Strelok's ambush in Red Forest: http://tinyurl.com/6haa2p8