Improvements for Free-Play mode! (these are a MUST!!!!)
Here are some things a friend and I were talking about when it comes to freeplay in stalker to make it more exciting and add something to it rather than just walking around with no real motivation.
1. Freeplay should have other levels added, not straight away though. Something that you will be able to access after doing a certian amount of things or spending however might time in the zone and being a stalker of whatever level and reputation. (something that we have to find out not something that is known)
2. More weapons that also get added as the time goes buy and as more stalkers enter the Zone and bring things with them. (thus inscreasing the need to explore to something other than just too "look around"
3. Same thing goes for new suits and the like. All little bonuses you can gain from spening time in the zone and being a good stalker and surving alot longer than the others
4. Night time should be FAR more dangerous and when i say far more i mean 3 or 4 times more. More mutans hunting at night, other stalkers hunting for rare mutant parts and the like... adding something new to the gameplay as well as making u really THINK about what you are doing and you will really NEED to survive. as that is the whole point of the game.
5. You should start at a totally random point in the zone each time, not the same place, there should also be minor "personal" stalker stories that you can find out and help with. Like side quests but that also involve some story so that there is still some interesting aspect to the game. nothing to hectic just something. Like family quest rifle type stuff just a little more indepth.
thats about it for now. hope you guys like.
Feel free to add.
What I think would be a great addition to both the free play and single player would be an extremely rare and dangerous nocturnal mutant. Could start as a legend among the Stalkers. Possible that it may have been trapped in the NPP? I have no idea what it would be, but I think it would be cool.
"I believe what doesn't kill you, simply makes you... Stranger" -Joker
No one loves a clown at midnight
"At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains, then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here, but stardust." ~Pinbacker
Points 1-3 I agree with, some being discussed to varying degrees in my suggestions thread.
Point 4 sounds interesting and i agree that activity should vary between day and night...possibly what creatures are out too.
Point 5..well i don't know about that but maybe.
In addition, i'd love to see coop.
Hey and what about being able to tell your stories to other stalkers? (not that they'd believe you )
---QUOTATION--- yep, more levels and levels and levels thats what we need. (or just i) btw in my next storymod you will start in an other place.
to start the game in a different position every time you restart is not possible with this all.spawn stuff. you only have 1 (xyz) coord, and you cannot add multiple ones. ---END QUOTATION---
Yeah, but you could write a script which creates new files with random coordinates (or checked coordinates from a list) everytime you start a new game.
As for the nighttime activity, I vote YES.
Nighttime in Stalker is just like daytime, only that it's dark. The enemies even see you in total darkness (vanilla Stalker without detection mod), which absolutely sucks ass. Sneaking becomes totally obsolete this way.
I also agree with the different activity cycles for different mutants. Imagine having a midnight rendez-vous with a bloodsucker...