| 12:40:50 19 June 2009
The Lazy Writer
On forum: 10/21/2008
Regarding to Russian/Ukrainian names:
- second name, it ends by -vich as Sidorovich, Leonidovich, etc., as well as first name by itself is used in a friendly manner only. Never used with a rank.
- first and second names together, e.g. Oleksiy Leonidovich, are used in official manner, in military can be used between people with the same rank.
- in military, lower rank must address to a higher rank using word "comrade" in Russia, or "Pun" (the same pronunciation, that means Mr, Sir) in Ukranian with following rank, e.g. Comrade Colonel in Russia, or Mr. Colonel in Ukraine , or by first & second names in more relaxed atmosphere.
- higher rank addresses to lower rank by a rank with following second name, e.g. Soldier Petrov.
- a rank with following first & second names is used in official manner only.
- there are differences in pronunciation of some Russian and Ukrainian names, e.g. Pyotr - Russian, Petro - Ukrainian.
Did I miss anything?
I thought I'd got most of them right (and guessed correctly that Sid was a Russian) - Racemate - once the book is complete I'll need a bit of help making sure its as authentic in background stories and names as I can so any help would be useful. E-mail me any usual name combinations you can - oddly though the site I used for Russian/Ukrainian names doesn't have that many Ukrainian names lost fo Russian ones and Pyotr/Petro was only on the Russian one and I used the name for what it translates as in English
OS: Windows Windows 7 BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Mobo: Gigabyte P55A-UD4
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz K875 ~2.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Card name: nVidia Geforce GTX480/nVidia Geforce GTX260
Display Memory: 2605 MB Monitor: LG M228WD-BZ(Analog)
Description: Speakers (X-Fi Extreme Gamer 7.1 soundcard)
Device Name: R.A.T7 (7-button mouse)
| 18:46:33 23 June 2009
On forum: 02/11/2009
Message edited by:
edit: - just had a look at the SoC map and I mayhave to rewrite that whole section - and send them east before they cross the railway - through the tunnel from Dark Valley
Yea, it would be more clear.
edit: So, they should get through the autopark, shouldn't they?
yeah or around it - I could make the autopark Outpost 12a, as there was a military presence there during CS.
I see. If so, will the Garbage be missed out?
edit: Then, where is the convoy gonna move further, in the Dark Valley? If you gonna use game map there is no way out.
"Well, stalker, think we'll live through this, eh?"