I am having another grand problem with the creation of some quests.
Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:870: bad argument #1 to 'gfind' (string expected, got nil)
This is what I am getting when I attempt to talk to Wolf. His dialogue used to work, before I added the new mission. I have created a fair couple of Dialogues before it which work perfectly, so this is just plain weird.
has abondened XRay and uses Unity3D now (Resident)
On forum: 05/02/2007
---QUOTATION--- Alright, I will try that
10 minutes later....
Sorry to say, it shows the exact same error
EDIT: I kept testing and I came to the conclusion. The game had been crashing when it met an info portion. Does that help? Maybe you could add me on Steam and we could talk a little bit easier. ---END QUOTATION---
iportions have to be registered properly in SHOC. What about going some steps back with your mission and block the dialog phrases to nail done the part which produces this error.
It's the parse_condlist function in the xr_logic. It is however used all over the place. The errors could be in the logic, timers, respawns, quests etc.
First you start with the quest you assigned after talking to Wolf. Check if the infoportion is listed in the xml files, then if the task_manager or tasks_...xmls entries are good. If you've changed Wolf's logic check that too.
"experience is a son of tough mistakes"
Oleg V. Yavorsky: Getting hit by a wardrobe flying into your head can be fun!
SmP 2.5 team member
We will all CTD in the end
"Im trying to get the bulbs for the gynecologist/cyclops but I cant figure out how to get over the fence"
I thought about another possible issue, I am not able to order a weapon from Sid (Using Preconditions), the game crashes. And when I go to talk to wolf, I have set a dialogue path with preconditions. So, I reckon that now, it is the preconditions crashing the game, even though they used to work. However, the game started crashing *after* I created a new mission which uses a fair couple of preconditions.