This mod is compatible with 98% of other mods and is highly recommended.
Near Field DOF: Unlike in the original shaders from Sky4Ace, not only objects far away but also those to which you are very close will be blurred (when you don't focus them).
Full Dynamic DOF ( "auto-focus" ): The depth effect depends on your target distance, meaning that objects which are further away or much closer than those you are focusing will be blurred - the way your digital camera does it in auto-focus mode. This effect is well-known from Stalker CoP and other newer games.
Zoom DOF: When zooming in weapon aim mode (with or without scope), the regions further away from the screen center will be continuously blurred, like in other games (e.g. Far Cry 2). This effect was requested long ago by the community but so far nobody had found a way to realize it because it can't be done by shaders only but needs some scripting.
Alternative blur algorithms: In addition to the classic method by Sky4Ace, a simple gaussian blur algorithm is provided to incorporate the intended depth effect. Users may choose which one to have the work done (using a console setting).
Heavy configurable: All the above effects may be deactivated or adjusted to your favor (check shaders/r2/ShaderSettings.txt).
Features and improvements of Version 1.1:
- improved depth of field algorithm with more configuration settings
- support for all 41 levels of the extended Kostya's STALKER Map Pack
- support for mods with zoom-less weapons (for DOF in aim mode)
- support for modified FOV (Field Of View), like with FOV-Switcher tools
- improved/fixed motion blur behavior
- better balanced configuration presets
- adaptive nightvision scopes with additional scope zoom
Patch 1 for 1.1 Beta ready for download - Highly recommended!
The first official patch is now available.
1. Blurry overall image (everything looks over-bloomy)
2. CTD / Fatal error "...attempt to index local 'add_data'"
3. Nighvision effect in zoom mode does not cover entire scope sight
4. Blurry or flickery image when zooming with iron sight (without scope)
5. Scope overlay is displayed when zooming with attached grenade launcher
6. Scope effects (NV, zoom) are displayed when zooming with GL
7. Attachable scopes (pso/susat) possibly have incorrect texture overlays
It's not cumulative, so please install Patch 1 prior to applying this one.
This small patch fixes the following issue: Scope texture is displayed on weapons with attachable scope (pso/susat) when zooming with iron sights.
Although mentioned several times before; Few people reported repeatedly that the zoom DOF still doesn't work in some cases, or the entire screen becomes blurry when aiming with some weapons. This is not a bug, but happens in one of the following cases:
The mod hasn't been installed or merged correctly/completely
-- or -- The affected weapon doesn't have any zoom in aim mode.
There are two alternative ways to fix this:
1. (Recommended fix):
decrease scope_zoom_factor in the config file (.ltx) of the affected weapon(s), e.g. use a value of 40.
2. (Alternative workaround, but not perfect):
Open file shader_control.script and change the value of the variable "alternative_zoom_recognition" from false to true. Depending on the other mod(s) being run along with Dynamic Shaders, the values of the variables "alternative_zoom_accuracy" and/or "alternative_zoom_fov" need to be modified as well (requires some testing).
Note that the latter way, switching on and off the zoom DOF will have some delay when entering / leaving aim mode.
Please also consider the notes on my moddb page if you experience any issues with the mod.
Something considered impossible is only something that hasn't been done yet.
- God rays (sun shafts)
- Dynamic rainbows
- Suit visor / HUD reflection and refraction
- Switchable night vision scopes
- Improved reflective lighting
- Various small fixes and improvements on features of previous versions
The first patch for the Beta release 1.2 of Dynamic Shaders has just been uploaded to moddb and is awaiting authorization.
1. Eliminates over-bloom / blurry overall image experienced under certain conditions.
2. Prevents rainbows from "bouncing off" at the skybox edges under certain conditions.
3. Heavily reduces lag during startup and loading game when visors are enabled.
4. Makes visor reflections look smoother thus more realistic using bloom (configurable).