The gameplay section is so empty... am I posting in the right area?
With the communication aspect of the game, I think it shouldn't be too basic.
That doesn't mean that using radios should be a chore, but it should have many features instead of just pressing " C then 3" for a 'Need Backup" command like in CS
Communication makes the game interactive but I think the radios themselves should be interactive aswell for example:
* The Military frequency should be different from the stalkers' frequency so you have to set your radio to your desired option.
* Batteries shouldn't be infinite
* Realisic ranges, so they are only used for working with people close by
* Anomalies should definately affect radiowaves like Maxtor102 pointed out.
* The radio shouldn't be a standard issued item, you should be able to buy it.
Just some ideas on something not really discussed before.
Well the game still has roughly a year till release so by then, I'm sure you will all have uber-powerful and fast Athlon 64 machines with GeforceFXs and gigs of DDR SDRAM.
...if not you could always hope that the engine is efficient enough to be able to play with all the features...
Oh yea I forgot, you've got my vote for dedicated servers too