On forum: 04/08/2007
Message edited by:
..:: PRIBOI STORY GENERAL INFORMATION ::..|
The first new storyline total conversion mod for S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
Pictures.............: http://tinyurl.com/4juana (photobucket)
FPSB Studio......: http://www.fpsbanana.com/studios/2400
We have been working on this mod since early May, and now it's finally ready! We wanted to release it in August, but when the new patch came, we had to re-create the mod from the beginning. To tell you the truth, when we noticed in early July that we can add level changers we decided to release Priboi later and released the free-play mod first. Eventually that mod turned into the base for this one, and also the Oblivion Lost mod. We added many more changes and features since then, so we hope you will enjoy this game as much as we did the developing it...
..:: PRIBOI — A NEW STORYLINE MOD ::..
Approximately one year has passed since the Marked One's story. You are the military Lieutenant Priboi Slipchenko, and you were sent into the Zone... There was a secret organization, called UHSF, and they were responsible for the incident. They had a base at Dead City (Limansk?) but the mercenaries whipped them out in the late 80's. The organization fell apart, and the last living members disappeared until today. Somehow this story is connected to the Marked One's story, and you'll eventually find out how. Over 20 important classified documents were hidden in the zone and you will need to find them to complete the puzzle. You will need to be 'Sherlock Holmes' and dig deeper in the zone then you have ever done before. If you find a missing document, you will need to read it to obtain information about the case, or get some clues about where to look next. You are in the Zone again, but it has changed. While the zone appears to have become a better place to survive in, but this has only caused it to become more difficult as it has driven more mutants from the center of the zone, and has increased the amount of threats in the Zone. The mercenaries have gained control on the Agroprom factory, and the military was pushed back to Cordon. You might be their only hope...
At the game start, you will need to read the PDA, and make sure to check it often! It will be helpful, and you can find anything you want in the PDA. After you talk to the military commander and the major, do not forget to talk to 'buddy' too. He is the village chief. Almost every conversation was re-written, so you should talk a lot with people. During your missions, you will notice the Zone from a different person's perspective. You will know the secrets that you were unable to find in the Marked One's story... You may meet with Strelok, Doc, and of course Dezik Lohnar (dezodor), Kanyhalos, NatVac, Don Reba, Siro, Darius6 and a lot of important members of the dez0wave team.
We wish you a good play!
**One question, you may ask after you read this text: What is UHSF?
UHSF is the one and only United Hungarian Stalker Forums. So nothing big, it's just our camp in the Zone world. If you are wandering around, just check in, and grab a beer, or two.
..:: NEW FEATURES ::..
- New main menu theme.
- You start the game in a different place.
- You are a Military Lieutenant.
- No 'shoc' storyline (99% ripped, 1% left for old non-storyline missions)
- New story, but with freeplay from the beginning without restrictions.
- New story quests and side quests
- Unique timed missions
- Infections (you will need antidotes)
- New cut-out documents. (each of them has long description)
- New hud, new inventory. (from the old betas)
- Tougher enemies.
- Better npc detection settings (now you can sneak...)
- Old cut-out stuff with different descriptions.
- New dialogs and new possibilities.
- New outlook from a different character.
- You will meet Strelok, Doc and many others from the Marked One's story.
- Food items won't restore as much health as before.
- Edited sounds (no one will call you Marked One etc.)
- New outro and new intro video (please don't use '-nointro' for the first time)
- The Military begins as friendly towards you.
- The Duty and Loners begin as neutral towards you.
- The Bandits, Freedom, Monolith, and Mercenaries begin as enemies towards you.
- Mercenary base at Agroprom (The former military base...)
- You will have a house at Cordon village with doors, furnitures, and lockers.
- New monsters and blowout descriptions.
- Full day-night cycle at Pripyat, Radar, Yantar, Stancia1 and Stancia2.
- You can go through the main gate in the Stadium at Pripyat.
- Some level changers were moved, so you can explore the levels a bit more.
- Reworked level graphics — you will notice more green stuff, flowers, and objects.
- No blowout at Stancia1, so you can explore the level a bit more.
- Random blowouts and less psy emissions. (hideouts marked on map)
- No dead-zone at Stancia2, so you can explore the level from the ground.
- Be aware! The radiation is your invisible enemy, you can't see it with your eyes!
- Added a lot of monsters and artifacts at Stancia2, so be prepared for fight.
- You can go back from Stancia2 to Monolith's War lab, and the Sarcophagus.
- At Stancia 2 you can use the removed ladders, so you can climb to the roofs, or to the other chimney of the reactor block 1 & 2! (good for sniping)
- Because we thought that the teleports are a way too futuristic for this game you can use the ladders to climb up to the roof instead of the teleports.
- From Sarcophagus, you can go back to Stancia1.
- From Stancia1 you can go back to Pripyat (as in the free play story mod).
- Added a some cut out monsters to every level. (nothing new, but good feature)
- Added a lot of vehicles to almost every level. (nothing new, but good feature)
- Vehicle floating issue fixed.
- New sound effects at the Sarcophagus.
- BTR windows can be opened with 'L' button.
- New bar music. (old radio spots and musics)
- Hidden documents! (You will have to use your wits to find them hehe.)
- Restored some code doors, and you need to find more codes to open doors.
- Edited smart-terrains.
- More 'war' between the factions.
- Sleeping (With AMK sleepbag that you will need to buy from the traders)
- Detector devices and other useful stuff.
- You can sell anything to NPCs, but they will buy things for lower prices.
- You can carry barrels and explosives (grenade icon)
- Blockpost Commander, Barman and Petrenko will trade almost everything
- You can apply for tasks at the Blockpost Commander but you will get the new storyline missions as soon as you finish the current one.
- There will be a locker for you in the bathroom, so use it to store your stuff
- Reworked PDA
- Because you are a well equipped military soldier, you will get a full Encyclopedia section to learn things about the Zone and the factions.
- Restored the sun that was left out. (Thanks xStream for the help)
- Less generic skins for NPCs.
- Barmen, Petrenko can now repair your gear.
- Many more little changes (weapons, items, monsters...) that you will notice.
- You can sell your torch, bolt and other stuff, but then you can't use the night vision or headlamp, until you buy a new torch, and also it's a good idea to use the bolts, because of there are a lot of invisible anomalies...
- You can put a lot of stuff to your belt, like the carried explosives, devices,some quest items, artifacts, and torches as in the 'old stalker'...
..:: MOD 1.2 Patch & Rerelease Info ::..
The fixes and new features that will be in the new patch & re-release:
- Fixed the blowout spawnings, now you won't see hordes of zombies near the levelchangers in army warehouses...
- Fixed blowout spawning, now you wont find artifacts out of the level borders...
- When the blowout starts, you will have 2 minutes before the real madness happens, and the hideouts will be marked on the map
- The warzone was fixed in Bar. Now the mercenaries, bandits, and freedomers will randomly attack the area, and you can help the dutiers and stalkers to fight off the enemies
- Some cool coop missions with npcs, like at Agroprom and Stancia, since many users said its a bit too hard if you are alone
- Now if you change level during the blowout, or reload a savegame the game will remember to the blowout, so you cant bypass it this way
- Now npcs will use towers to snipe from, or hide in funny places, so be ready for surprises
- Some descriptions were missing, so we added them back
- Some icons were added for the explosives (instead of the default grenade icon)
- Gasmask can be used at some areas to avoid instant death
- Tushknanos will have food when you kill them (can not trade it, but it reduces hunger & health too)
- Fixed the crash on death
- Fixed some dialogs and grammar errors
- Added some new tasks, you can get them from Voronin, the duty leader
- PLR Weapons mod will be used if allowed
- Fixed "double clicking" bug (binoculars, pda, knife, ...)
- Fixed some minor issues with tasks
- If you pick up a doc, it will vanish from your inventory, but you will get its contents in pda's encyclopedia, this will make finding the required texts faster, and the documents wont use up the needed place in your inventory
- The tasks will have better descriptions, some of them will contain small maps too
- Reworked Storm (new sounds, better lightnings)
- New authentic harmonica songs (also npcs will use harmonica)
- New main menu theme song (composed by dezodor)
- New (old but not used) weapons (not portable pkm, bm 16 long, ak47 and many more)
- New SP level (Rostok Factory is back in business)
- You can buy vehicles from traders for reasonable price, and you can deploy them where you want (once deplyoed cant be picked up)
- Different seasons (dark spring, winter, summer, and vanilla autumn) — you can choose them during install
- Some new textures
Lost Alpha project -> http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha